Bathroom Vanity Tops
Remodeling your bathroom should be one of the first things you should do. Nothing increases the value of a home more than a well-built and attractive bathroom. If the budget is limited, you could make the most of it by investing in a nice, new vanity.
Redesigning your bathroom vanities (affordable, functional, increase value)
The bathroom vanity has significant functional and design value, so even a small bathroom should have one. It creates valuable storage space, hides unsightly plumbing, and provides a surface for a few bathroom essentials.
Additionally, a bathroom vanity is one of the first things most people will notice. A stone vanity top can elevates the look of the most ordinary bathroom, adding a much-needed design dimension and depth to the room. If you don’t have one yet, you can easily add one with a little creativity. If you already have one, do yourself a favor and put in a stone top.
Of course, just putting in any stone will not do. You have to answer some questions to make the right decisions when choosing a stone vanity top, whether it is for customized or prefabricated vanity. Remember that stone vanity tops will last for many years, so you want to make sure you choose the right one.
Stone options for bathroom vanities
Back in the day, granite and marble were so expensive that they were reserved for royalty. That is no longer the case. In addition, you can also opt for engineered quartz, which can simulate the look of marble and granite, but has the advantage of always being available and easy to match. Browse through our catalogue and you will see it for yourself.
How do you choose the right one, then? Here is a brief summary of the cogent points about three of the most popular stones for bathroom vanities: marble, granite, and engineered quartz.
Pros and cons of marble
In terms of esthetics, nothing beats marble. Most people are drawn to the distinctive mellow glow of high-quality marble, and it lends a certain elegance to the most mundane rooms, like the bathroom. It is so smooth and cool, it is a joy to behold. If you live in a warm climate, marble is definitely a stone you should consider.
- Relatively durable and ages well with reasonable care
- Comes in high polish and matte finishes
- Looks good in any situation
- Relatively expensive compared to granite and non-stone alternatives; prices start from $125 per square foot
- Requires regular resealing to protect it from damage
- Limited availability
Pros and cons of granite
Granite is always a popular choice for home use, but especially for kitchen countertops and bathroom vanities. It is an igneous rock, much harder than marble, and just as unique. Some people consider granite as more appropriate for contemporary designs, but in fact, granite has been used since ancient times.
- Comes in many unique patterns and colors; dark granite may actually be other members of the granite family, such as basalt or gabbro, and retains all of the major features of granite
- Extremely durable
- Low maintenance
- Resistant to stains and scratches
- Relatively affordable, prices starting from $45 to $100 per square foot, installed
- May require sealing
- Limited availability
Pros and cons of engineered quartz
Engineered quartz is a man-made compound of different materials, one of which may be quartz. All manufacturers use the Bretonstone method for creating the stones, but some may use more quartz than others do. Quartz is a mineral also present in granite that gives it its hardness.
Most of the recognized brands use a minimum of 90% quartz materials, with remaining 10% or so made up of polymers and pigments. Because it contains more quartz than granite, it is much more durable than granite. In addition, since it is a manufactured stone, engineered quartz can simulate the look of any stone, including marble and granite.
- Extremely durable, even more than than granite
- Does not require a seal
- Stain- and scratch-proof
- Available in a wide range of colors and designs on demand
- May be purchased as prefabricated vanity tops
- No maintenance
- More expensive than granite, starting from $60 per square foot for a standard design
- Heavier than natural stone, requiring stronger support
OUR SPECIAL DEAL
GET A FREE QUOTE
Badger Granite provide clients with a no-obligation free estimate of their requirements upon request. Simply get in touch with us and we will schedule an ocular to give you our suggestions and to provide you with an accurate quote. We are always open to negotiations to fit your budget and other requirements.